The best things on a cruise are free
By Patti Pietschmann Travel Diva
Depending on whether you go luxury (like on Regent Seven Seas Splendor pictured above), premium or mainstream, a cruise could set you back a pretty penny.
Of course all-inclusive fares will cover things such as tips, drinks, WiFi and on Regent Seven Seas, shore excursions. But on other lines you’ll pay for that and more.
(FYI: on all ships meals are included except in some alternative dining venues where there’s a surcharge).
Still the best things on a cruise are actually free. Here’s what I’m talking about.
- Being able to sit on a back deck or balcony and watch your worries wash away in the wake. No charge.
- Wiling away time in the sun in a cushy lounge chair by the pool. Free.
- Taking a steam or sauna at the spa. Complimentary usually.
- Use of the fitness center and jogging track. Always free.
- Paddle tennis courts, golf cages when available. No charge.
- Lectures, entertainment, and even late run movies are lines such as Crystal, Princess, Seabourn, Silversea and others. Free for all.
- Books are always free to read on board from the library (but you’re charged if you try to take them home).
- In room videos are free on all-inclusive luxury lines but may incur charges on other ships.
- Quality time to spend with your lover or family, priceless.
- Freedom to escape reality especially if you unplug your mobile devices and stay don’t watch the news.