Designer cocktails welcome the Splendor
By Patti Pietschmann Travel Diva
Talk about tippling. Passengers will be able to mix and mingle with ship mates over 19 tasty mixed drinks on Regent Seven Seas Splendor which debuts in February.
According to F&B VP, Bernhard Klotz, it’s a highly ambitious drink menu that highlights the ship’s debut. The skillfully-crafted cocktails are made with premium spirits, fresh fruit, bitters, purees, and reductions.
By-the-way, nearly all the drinks are on the house. Regent Seven Seas offers the most all-inclusive fares afloat.
The cocktails include Fever-Tree premium tonic drink mixers and are Gin-, Vodka-, Whisky-, Rum-, Cognac-, Tequila- and Mezcal-based.
This drink list will thrill thirsty millennials and the rest of us, take look:
VIRGO. Monkey Shoulder, Chili and Pineapple Reduction, Cinnamon Bitters, served in a Fizz Rock Glass. Virgo delivers just the right balance of sweet and spicy with a chili and pineapple reduction mixed with cinnamon bitters, orange zest, vanilla, spice and the floral notes of the smooth Monkey Shoulder Blended Scotch Whiskey.
- The Virgo is made with Monkey Shoulder Blended Scotch Whiskey, Chili and Pineapple Reduction and Cinnamon Bitters. It comes in a Fizz Rock Glass.
- Bon Soiree is a mix of Woodford Reserve, Chambord and citrus bitters in a pretty Coupe Glass.
- Something Borrowed mixes Maker’s Mark, Amaretto, fresh lemon juice, and fig jam poured into a Fire Rock Glass.
- Unlucky Irish gets it kick from Irish Gunpowder, Fresh Lemon Juice, Basil, Black Peppercorns, Indian Tonic.
- Rose Married united Beefeater gin, avocado, basil, mint, rosemary, and Indian Tonic.
- Quintesentially British boasts Hendrick’s gin , fresh lemon juice, pomegranate seeds, cucumber, and Mediterranean Tonic.
- Summer Solstice combines Hendrick’s Midsummer Solstice, Peach Schnapps, grapefruit, and Mediterranean Tonic.
A much anticipated bow
If you want to sail on RSSC Splendor’s maiden voyage better hurry and contact a Pavlus Travel Specialist. The luxury line has tons of loyal passengers who book in advance.
The stunning, uber-deluxe 750-passenger Splendor launches in February after a christening ceremony hosted by supermodel Christie Brinkley.
Splendor’s inaugural season takes place in the Caribbean and Mediterranean. She is helmed by the first captain to take charge of a new ship– 30-year veteran Captain Serena Melani.