Demand indicates people are feeling more positive about cruising
By Patti Pietschmann Travel Diva
Good news. People are really ready to sail again. And they’re picking river cruises. Or so says AmaWaterways. The river boat operator is experiencing high demand for 2021.
Consequently it is now open for bookings,some six months ahead of previous season openings. Just contact a Pavlus Agent 800-528-9300) for details and ticketing. The itineraries include France, Portugal, Holland, and Rhine and Moselle rivers.
New river boats leading the demand
“We’ve seen a strong showing especially with our new ships AmaSiena and AmaLucia, which launches on the Nile in September 2021,” says Rudi Schreiner, president and co-founder of AmaWaterways. “
Schreiner also says that the demand indicates a strong travel season ahead. AmaWaterways 2021/2022 seasons will feature five new itineraries and new pre- and post-cruise land programs. These come available in Lake Como, Italy and the French islet of St. Malo.
Preview of what’s ahead on the rivers
· Impressions of the Seine & Paris on AmaDante from Paris to Le Havre (or reverse) through the best of Northern France, including idyllic towns, beautiful gardens and Normandy’s historic hubs. The pre- or post-cruise offers three nights in St. Malo with a visit to the magical island monastery of Mont St. Michel.
· Essence of Burgundy & Provence on AmaCello from Chalon-sur-Saône to Arles (or reverse) with visits to romantic cities and artistic epicenters. It also includes cooking lessons for French fare at a culinary school in Valence and some world-renowned wine tasting.
· Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps sailing onboard AmaMora and AmaSerena from Amsterdam to Basel (or reverse) will enchant guests with vineyard-clad hills, charming villages and castles strung like pearls along the banks of the Rhine river. Highlight pre- or post-cruise: three nights in Lake Como, Italy.
· Best of Holland & Belgium sailing round trip from Amsterdam onboard AmaSerena on five exclusive departures from May to October. Highlight: Belgium’s special gems, Ghent and Bruges.
· Secrets of Egypt & The Nile sailing onboard the new AmaDahlia. The 11-night immersive journey reveals a fascinating journey to ancient civilization. The cruise features four nights in Cairo and seven nights cruising between Luxor to Aswan. There are also exclusive experiences such as a private tour of the tomb of Queen Nefertari and a private lunch at Abdeen Presidential Palace. There’s also post-cruise extensions to Jordan, Israel and Dubai.
To book an AmaWaterways river cruise, contact a Pavlus travel agent.
This is a family-owned company celebrating 18 years on the river that offers river cruises on 25 ships. AmaWaterways twin balcony stateroom design is quite unique.
Highlights of AmaWterways river cruises
- Foodies can sink their teeth into fine cuisine at The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant.
- Complimentary fine wine, beer and soft drinks are served at lunch and dinner.
- Notable wellness activities that include biking and hiking options.
- Hair and massage salons and a fitness room, and many have heated outdoor swimming pools with swim-up bars.