Coronavirus-caused cruise pause ends for PG Cruises in July
By Patti Pietschmann, Travel Diva
More light at the end of the travel tunnel. French Polynesia is reopening in July. And luxury cruise operator Paul Gauguin is resuming Tahitian itineraries on July 11,2020.
Ready to sail in paradise? Just contact a Pavlus Travel advisor at 800-528-9300. You can book a seven night Tahiti and Society Islands cruise that departs July 11 or July 18. These voyages meander from Papeete to the pristine island of Huahine, with stops at private Motu Mahana and Bora Bora.
Or you could opt for a 10-night Society Islands and Tuamotus on July 29. This one does all the above islands plus enchanting Rangiroa and Fakarava. The Gauguin repeats these itineraries in August.
- All people and goods will undergo monitoring before boarding. And, once on board, there will be strict health protocols.
- Passengers and crew members must present a signed doctor’s medical form, complete a health questionnaire, and undergo a health check and screening by the ship’s medical staff.
- All luggage will pass through a disinfecting zone by sanitizing mist or UV lamps.
- Surgical and cloth masks, disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer bottles are available to all.
- 100 percent fresh air in staterooms, through non-recirculating air conditioning systems.
- Common areas will also have air refreshed at least five times per hour.
- Public spaces will be have a 50 percent occupancy limit.
- High-touch points, such as door handles and handrails, will be disinfected regulrly with EcoLab peroxide. This eliminates 100 percent of germs, bacteria and against biological contamination.
- Crew members will wear masks or protective visors when in contact with guests. Passengers must wear a mask in hallway corridors and in public spaces.
- The Gauguin features the latest hospital equipment. This includes mobile laboratory terminals for on site testing for infectious or tropical diseases.
- Zodiacs will be thoroughly disinfected after each stopover.
- On re-boarding after shore excursions passengers will be given temperature checks. Personal effects will undergo disinfection procedures.
The complete “Covid-Safe Protocol” manifesto is available online here.
Paul Gauguin offers passengers a seamless introduction (or return) to French Polynesia’s paradisaical islands. The sleek ship sails into ports framed by verdant motus. Crystal clear lagoons and white sand beaches add to the leit motif.
The cuisine is exceptional, the service sublime and the experience priceless.
For more information or reservations for Paul Gauguin Cruises, contact Pavlus Travel or visit www.pgcruises.com.