Ships to cruise from LA, San Francisco and Ft. Lauderdale
By Patti Pietschmann, Travel Diva
Good news. We will be able to sail out of LA, Lauderdale and San Francisco again starting this fall on a Princess Cruise. And when we do you there will be some fun amenities and perks waiting, even a new sports book.
The line’s reboot begins September 25 with on eight Princess Medallion Class ships. Itineraries include the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Mexico, Hawaii and the California coast.
Here’s the autumn schedule
- Majestic Princess and Grand Princess: kick off the return with a variety of destinations, including the California Coast and Mexico on seven-day cruises. Theyu will also sail to Hawaii on 15-day cruises and offer three- to five-day Getaway cruises to the California Coast and Mexico.
- Ruby Princess: sails from San Francisco with seven-day California Coast cruises. Afterwards she’ll do 15-day cruises exploring four distinct island jewels in Hawaii and 10-day Mexico cruises to the lineup.
- Enchanted Princess: begins cruises from Ft. Lauderdale for her inaugural season of 10-day cruises to the Southern and Eastern Caribbean.
- Sky Princess, Regal Princess and Caribbean Princess: depart Ft. Lauderdale to do the Eastern Caribbean on three-, five-, seven- and 14-day voyages.
- Crown Princess: transits the Panama Canal, from Ft. Lauderdale on a series of 10-day.
As of this writing, dining, entertainment, and shore excursion details are works in progress. But it’s for sure that Princess passengers must be fully vaccinated before being allowed on board. Crew vaccinations will be in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Currently, but subject to change as CDC guidance, medical, and public health guidance evolves, the line’s Cruise Health program provides steps to enhance public health. Please check regularly, as there will be updates as new procedures are finalized and existing protocols may evolve.
Updates to the cruise line’s Cruise with Confidence program are also in the works. Guests can cancel for any reason up to 30 days before departure. If so they receive a Future Cruise Credit for any cancellation fees and a refund of additional funds received to the original payment method. As an enhanced benefit, guests may cancel and receive the same Future Cruise Credit and refund within 30 days all the way to sailing day if they test positive for COVID-19. Full details can be found here.
All Princess ships offer TrulyTouchless™ experiences to support physical distancing and personalization. The cruise line’s award-winning OceanMedallion wearable device replaces the traditional cruise card and pairs with embedded IoT (“Internet of things”). Getting on and off the ships is also touchless. And there’s keyless stateroom entry.
The Fall 2021 voyages are open for booking at Pavlus.com or by calling an agent at 800-528-9300.
Princess Cruises operates a fleet of 14 modern cruise ships that carry two million guests each year to 380 destinations. In line with the latest advice from health officials about COVID-19, Princess Cruises is currently enhancing health and safety protocols. This is being done with input from medical experts and government bodies that assess how they may impact future itineraries. Be aware that offers may vary from what you see d in marketing materials.
Isn’t it wonderful that cruises are back! What’s more you have a team of helpful, friendly Pavlus advisors to help book them for you at 800-528-9300.