It will be a foodie fest at sea
By Patti Pietschmann, Travel Diva
Passengers sailing to Alaska on Princess Cruises can expect a sort of foodie fest at sea with endless dining options. All dining venues are open for anytime visits. That’s not all, you can even order food for delivery anywhere on board. The culinary-centric seven-day voyages begin July 24 on Majestic Princess. They will continue from Seattle through through Sept.26, 2021.
Dining options galore
As part of its Alaska return, Princess is offering several dining options plus an option to order food from menus for delivery anywhere on the ship.
If you prefer to eat out, your choices are:
- Allegro, Concerto and Symphony Main Dining Rooms serve multi-course meals of Alaskan seafood and family favorites.
Specialty Dining venues:
- Harmony operates in sync with Chef Richard Chen–the former chef of Wing Lei. Chen creates interpretations of classic Chinese dishes.
- Bistro Sur La Mer offers casual cafe-style dining with a modern twist by Chef Emmanuel Renaut.
- Crown Grill is a carnivore and seafood lover’s delight. Menu items include premium aged beef and fresh fish from Alaska. The intimate dining room features open kitchen where chefs prepare and cook to order top-quality cuts of beef, chops, and seafood.
- World Fresh Marketplace features food stations from around the world. There’s the new “East Meets West” comfort food specialty counter. Choices include French crepes, Asian noodles, German grilled sausages, and Japanese satays, to name a few. The Bakery serves made-from-scratch breads and pastries.
Pizza, noodles and more
- International Café is your go-to 24-hours a day eatery.
- Alfredo’s Pizzeria is a real winner offering hot-from-the-oven individual-size pizzas along with beer and wines by the glass.
- Chopsticks Noodle Bar pleases your yen for Asian with fresh-made noodle soups and classic wok-fried noodle dishes.
Once the dinner hour is over, there’s lots of entertainment options. As always Princess offers original musicals, There’s also magic acts, films, comics and game shows.
Never a dull day either
Daytime delights include the usual fun and games. Foodies can enjoy cooking demos. Movers and shakes have Zumba classes to works off the calories. And pamper-seekers have salubrious treatments the Lotus Spa. Plus there is a fitness center, casino, pools, jogging track etc.
COVID19 vaccines necessary
You must show proof of a Covid19 vaccination to sail on Princess’s Alaska cruises.
Alaska Cruises are available for booking at Pavlus Travel (800-528-9300).