Serene Spa & Wellness to feature globally-inspired treatments
By Patti Pietschmann Travel Diva
Hitting the spa is one of my favorite cruise ship indulgences. Especially getting a couple’s massage with my first mate.
Happily, shipboard spas and treatments continue to improve each year (while prices soar). No more quick slap a mask on facials or perfunctory massages. Not with spa savvier passengers demanding quality.
Regent Seven Seas is among cruise lines raising pampering to new levels. The luxury ship operator is offering a brand new concept that focuses on relaxation and wellness starting in December.
Originally created for the launch of the line’s upcoming uber-elegant RSSC Splendor, the facility, which is run in collaboration with OneSpaWorld, starts to debut fleetwide in December. It will replace Canyon Ranch (which was not a personal favorite if I must admit).
According to the company, “
Serene Spa & WellnessTM provides exclusive treatments integrating techniques and ingredients from destinations around the world” Pamper-prone passengers will be able to enjoy a serene setting for health, beauty, and restorative treatments and services
Fifty-year-old OneStarWorld (OSW)—one of the largest health and wellness service companies in the world– is headquartered in Nassau, Bahamas.
OSW operates spas on 161 cruise ships and at 66 destination resorts globally.
The spa menu includes treatments found in many of the 450 destinations that RSSC ships sail. It features ELEMIS facial therapies, body treatments, massages, manicures, pedicures, and luxury Kérastase salon services.
The new spa program offers fitness-conscious seafarers a selection of workouts, personal trainers, wellness tours and nutritionally mindful cuisine selections.
“We are bringing the beautiful traditions and tried-and-true techniques of the several cultures into the exclusive experiences of Serene Spa & Wellness,“ explains Jason Montague, president and CEO of Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
Serene Spa & Wellness™ integrates globally sourced, natural ingredients that help promote health and balance for the body, mind and spirit.
Here’s a few spa samples that passengers can look forward to (prices not included):
• The Regent Massage takes its cue from the Sea Buckthorn of the Mediterranean coast. The technique employs a synergy of rosemary, sea fennel and sea buckthorn that reduces tensions, soothes muscles and detoxifies. Hands and feet are placed in warm eucalyptus-infused paraffin mitts and boots for a more blissful experience.
• Around The World Massage. This one utilizes Basalt from China, Coconut Poultice from Caribbean and Bamboo from Asia. The focus is on optimal wellness using earthly scents of Indian cardamom, Egyptian coriander and eucalyptus. Volcanic rocks (aka hot rocks)help release muscle tension and stagnant energy in the legs. The use of bamboo stalks help reduce muscles tension. Warmed coconut poultices are delicately worked over the face, neck and shoulders and Argan oil from Morocco rubbed on the scalp.
For the face and scalp
• Calming Rose Facial. A rejuvenating skincare session utilizing hand-picked Organic English Roses from the United Kingdom.
• Kérastase® Elixir Ultime 24-Carat Indulgent Ritual. This scalp treatment has its inspiration from rose from Morocco. The result is shiny, soft and silky hair.
Hands and feet
(Photo a generic salon shot, not an RSSC ship)
• The salon’s mani/pedi gets its mojo from Frangipani of the South Pacific and intends to revitalize hands and feet using various oils and elixirs.
A full menu of treatments is available on Regent’s website at https://www.rssc.com/experience/onboard-activities/spa-fitness, including a Serene Spa & Wellness™ brochure.
Holistic wellness from ship to shore
• Fitness experts at Fitness by Serene Spa & Wellness™ lead popular exercise classes, such as Pilates, yoga and meditation and are available to offer advice and demonstrate the use of fitness equipment. Equipment includes spinning bikes, dumbbells, treadmills, Technogym® strength machines, workout mats and step benches.
• Regent restaurant keep the wellness moving with many innovative options featuring exquisite dishes influenced by a myriad of global fares including delectable plant-based cuisine.
• Curated shore excursions take passengers to a restorative, mineral-rich thermal spring in Rome or a taiji (tai chi) class on a beautiful and serene beach on Palma de Mallorca. Or a yoga class in Taormina.
Serene Spa & Wellness™ will launch on each Regent ship during these voyages:
• Seven Seas Explorer® – Dec. 7, 2019 voyage
• Seven Seas Mariner® – Jan. 6, 2020 voyage
• Seven Seas Voyager® – Jan. 7, 2020 voyage
• Seven Seas Navigator® – Jan. 23, 2020 voyage
• Seven Seas SplendorTM – Feb. 6, 2020 voyage