By Patti Pietschmann, Travel Diva
The New Year is ushering in a notable collection of new theatrical performances on board Silversea Cruises. Opening acts debut on August 6, 2020 as the curtain rises on Silver Moon’s new show, The Moon and Beyond–a retro tribute to space exploration and classic sci-fi movies.
The show showcases the recent 50th anniversary of the historic Apollo 11 moon landing with evocative, space-age scenery and such iconic tunes as Fly Me to the Moon, Moondance, Bad Moon Rising, Rocket Man, and other musical renditions.
And all that jazz
Three additional choreography-enhanced productions are also on tap. One is Circus, inspired by Cirque du Soleil and the hit movie The Greatest Showman. Another is Café Tango, a classic tango show set in a Parisian-style café. And finally ’80s Gold, which celebrates the decade’s best-loved pop anthems.
Moon struck shows
Also on the playbill is LunaFest– a lively mid-cruise music festival that takes place on the deck. Passengers can sample the fare from street-food carts as they watch the show. And, Silver Sparks, a selection of entertaining moments that will pop up at unexpected times in different ship venues, and are sure to raise a smile.
Live on Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse
It’s showtime folks about Silversea’s luxury fleet and here’s what you can expect.
- Boogie Wonderland!: A cast of talented artists takes the audience on a fun-filled, rhythmic ride through the iconic music and dance moves of the disco generation. The cast will belt out hit tunes from such legends as Earth, Wind and Fire, Gloria Gaynor, the Bee Gees, and many others.
- Late in the Evening: Debuting aboard Silver Wind’s January 23, 2020, Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale, this is an acoustic, live tribute to Burt Bacharach, Carole King and Paul Simon. Singers provide reinterpretations of such laid-back, modern classics as I Say a Little Prayer, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Bridge over Troubled Water, and more.
- Colors: Launching aboard Silver Muse’s Australia and New Zealand sailing from March 3, 2020, honors songs from Michael Jackson’s Black or White and Madonna’s True Blue, Barbra Streisand’s Evergreen and Prince’s Purple Rain.
- Brit Hits: This one gives a nod to the success of British contemporary music aboard Silver Spirit’s Mediterranean cruise from April 15, 2020. Audiences will hear renditions of best-selling hits of Adele, Amy Winehouse, Elton John, Phil Collins, Eurythmics, and others.
- Corazon: More music and dance debuts on Silver Shadow’s Mediterranean voyage from May 3, 2020. This one features bold costumes, dramatic staging and captivating imagery from the Alhambra. It also showcases rhythmic sounds from Spain and South America, and styles from opera to popular dance beats. Think Man of La Manchameets Rhythm Is Gonna Get You.
For more information on the itineraries featuring the new shows visit www.silversea.com. And to book a cruise contact a knowledgeable Pavlus Travel specialist.
Silversea Cruises consists of intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse . The mood is casual elegance, the spirit, convivial.
Fares are priced conveniently so that just about everything you need is covered. We’re talking your drinks, tips and WiFi. And, of course exceptional cuisine and seamless service (there are butlers for every suite).