Big bookings demonstrate demand to return to the sea
By Patti Pietschmann, Travel Diva
While the pandemic is putting the brakes on cruises it isn’t stopping people from booking future voyages. The demand is so great that many cruise lines are experiencing record sales and even selling out the first day they open bookings for purchase.
Luxury ship operator says bookings for its World Cruise 2023 “South Side Story—All the World’s a Stage” counts as its most successful pre-sale in the line’s history. The 139-day odyssey begins Jan. 10, 2023 from Sydney on Silver Shadow.
The cruise sails the Southern Hemisphere from the South Seas to the Amazon and calls on 66 destinations in 34 countries. That’s five continents if you’re keeping track.
According to Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s president & CEO. “It is the most successful World Cruise launch in the history of our cruise line.” “This triumph pays testament to the strong demand we are seeing in the market, particularly from affluent, sophisticated travelers.”
A silver odyssey
Each segment on the Silver Shadow explore the history, culture and spirit of the people and places. Guests on board the silver odyssey will enjoy exclusive events, special amenities and perks. The first of which is a gala Bon Voyage reception and dinner prior to departure on Jan. 10. (The cruise ends in Fort Lauderdale on May 28).
The long journey is an iconic mix of destinations such as Papua New Guinea, Mauritius, Reunion Isand and Cape Verde. There are 10 days to explore Tasmania and New Zealand. Three days in Myanmar and a whole week in South Africa.
And, for the first time on a Silversea World Cruise, Silver Shadow will sail the mighty Amazon River—always an incomparable experience.
Door to door service
Another first for Silversea is a door to door service via private executive transfers to and from guests’ local airports. In addition to that is private assistance to their gate/lounge and access to certain airline lounges.
What’s more flights from select U.S. and U.K. gateways to Sydney, Australia take place in luxurious Qantas Business Class. During the flight passengers get to taste fine food and amenities. And, once on board Silver Shadow’s butlers are available to do all the unpacking. And from the first night on, cater to guests every need (been there and they really do).
Highlights of World Cruise
- Tracing a southward and then easterly route from Sydney to Auckland, guests will enjoy a 10-day exploration of the natural history of Tasmania and New Zealand for the first time on a Silversea World Cruise. Stops in Hobart, Dunedin, Akaroa, Picton, Wellington, Napier and Tauranga are complemented by a cruise through the stunning Milford Sound. From Picton, guests will enjoy an exclusive sunset World Cruise event, hosted at the Cloudy Bay Estate, where they will tour the cellar, meet the award-winning vintners and then savor a delectable dinner paired with the estate’s finest wines and musical entertainment.
- Exploring island gems in Melanesia, Micronesia and the Philippines before arriving in Manila. Visiting remote island communities — from the water drumming women of Vanuatu to the Baining fire dancers of Papua New Guinea.
- Private beach parties on pristine shores.
- Sailing the South China Sea in search of new adventures and exotic cultures, ultimately arriving in Singapore. Stopping in intriguing places like Hong Kong, Ha Long Bay, Ho Chi Minh City, and Bangkok.
- Going through the Bay of Bengal to the glistening isles off Africa’s eastern coastline. The countries of Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, the Maldives and the Seychelles are the headliners for this segment.
- Three days exploring the pagodas, architecture and ethereal beauty of Myanmar.
And there’s more
- Tracing the cultural footprint in Sri Lanka and relaxing on sunny beaches in the Maldives and the Seychelles.
- For the more highlights contact a Pavlus travel specialist and/or go to Silversea.com.
Silver Shadow shines following face-lift
The 388-guest, all-suite Silver Shadow returns to the sea with a new look. She’s looking spiffier than ever and offering signature creature comforts such as personal butlers, exquisite food and more inclusive amenities.
Fares now include complimentary premium wines and spirits, specialty coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks. And that’s not all. Guests also get an in-suite bar, 24-hour dining service; and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Additional World Cruise perks
Here’s a snapshot of what comes with the 2023 World Cruise fare:
- Business Class Air (from select countries/gateways)
- Private executive transfers between home, airport and ship*
- Meet and Greet**
- Bon Voyage reception, dinner and overnight accommodations aboard ship
- Complimentary Shore Excursions (at least one in each port)
- $1,000 Onboard Spending Credit per guest (up to $2,000 per suite)
- Exclusive World Cruise Events
- Special Commemorative Gifts
- Complimentary Silver Shore Baggage Valet, laundry and WiFi
- Medical Service
- Visa Package
While 2023 is a long way off, it’s obviously not too early to book that cruise. Just call a helpful, friendly Pavlus Travel specialist to get you set up at 800-528-9300. Sailing on Silversea for 139-days sounds like pure bliss.
And bon voyage.