Don’t let it happen to you
By Patti Pietschmann Pavlus BlogMaster
Oops, did you forget something? Perhaps on your last vacation you realized that you left important items or favorite cosmetics at home. Well even seasoned travelers find themselves in this predicament. Sometimes something as simple as underwear gets left behind. A fellow globe trotting female once confided that while she packed a gorgeous wardrobe for a cruise she forgot her bra and panties. No problem under garments are sold in ship shops and of course at boutiques ashore.
Make a list and check it twice
The best way to remember what to pack is to make a check list of the following items:
- Medications (packed in your carry on).
- Passport/Visas (also place in carry on bag).
- Phone charger (one of the most forgotten items).
- Cell phone and charger (one of the least left behind because everybody wants to stay
plugged in). But many a mobile device does get lost at security or in airplane seats
- Toiletries such as toothpaste and brush, sunscreen, makeup, haircare items
from shampoos and conditioners to combs and brushes as you might not like
what they provide in your stateroom, moisturizers, body creams, toners , razor,
shaving cream and the like.
Mobile devices such as laptops, iPads etc.
- Bug off if you are going to the tropics
- First aid kit with bandages etc.
- Your favorite cologne or perfume
While you could probably pick up some of those things during your trip who wants to spend valuable vacation time doing that. What’s more you can’t always find your favorite brands if traveling out of the country. Also products such as sunscreen and makeup are often more expensive especially in places like French Polynesia.
Be sure to pack any TSA taboos in your checked luggage. Or bring only 3.5 ounce bottles in your carry-on. Always keep your meds with you, never check them. Same goes for passports, visas and valuables.