Be prepared in any situation
By Patti Pietschmann, Travel Diva
Things were so different things fourteen months ago. Many of us had travel or cruise plans that were rudely interrupted by the pandemic. The outbreak of coronavirus and the ensuing CDC ban on cruises and travel took a mental and financial toll.
Of course we don’t need to remind you. But while we hope this doesn’t happen again, there are lessons to learn from such as:
- Always use a travel agent. Why? Because they make it easier to get refunds and rebook trips. And, you have somebody’s shoulder to cry on.
- Be sure to always pack plenty of meds (if you take them) in the event you are stranded somewhere.
- Relative to above, always have an emergency bag with essentials such as extra toothbrush and toothpaste, hand wipes and a first aid kit.
- Pack snacks such as trail mix, nuts and chips. You never know where and when your next meal is coming from in an emergency situation.
- While chances are you won’t forget it, be sure to have an up to date passport with you at all times.
- Put a list of emergency contacts in your carryon luggage.
- Consider packing a flash light. It might come in handy.
- Be sure your cellphone is charged and working. It doesn’t hurt to add coverage for foreign ports.
- Even if you’re heading to the tropics, pack a sweater, pashmina or small blanket.
- And even if the pandemic is over, carry sanitizer to wipe down tray tables etc. on airplanes and phones, remotes et al in staterooms.
- Be sure your passport is up-to-date and always have it on your person.
Vis a vis the #9 continue to follow healthy protocols such as washing your hands well, covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze and refraining from shaking hands. There are many viruses floating around, such as the common cold, that you can avoid.
You might note this list began with always use a travel agent. Well we know there are many from which to choose. But we also know that our Pavlus agent/advisors are some of the best in the business. The congenial and knowledgeable family-like agency can save you time and money. So give us a call to set up any tour, cruise or travel arrangements (800-528-9300).
Happy, safe travels from 2021 and beyond.