Valiant Lady debuts May 2021
By Patti Pietschmann Travel Diva
Richard Branson’s over-the-top, quirky Virgin Voyages launches next April with the Scarlet Lady. And a year later the line is launching the Valiant Lady. The two sister ships will be oceans apart with Scarlet in the Caribbean and Valiant in the Med.
‘Valiant Lady will sail seven-night Mediterranean itineraries out of Barcelona, Spain. Three itineraries offer overnight and late-night stops across popular destinations in France, Italy and Spain.
- Valiant Lady summers in Med with Barcelona as home port.
- The ship docks steps from Las Ramblas at the World Trade Center Barcelona, positioning Sailors as close to the heart of this stunning departure-port-city as possible. This prime location provides walking access dynamic and diverse neighborhoods. it’s an easy stroll to Poble Sec, el Raval, Barri Gotic, Port Vell and urban beach of La Barceloneta.
- Weekly Sunday sail away allows extra time in Barcelona to take advantage of many different flight options.
- According to Virgin Voyages, ‘Valiant Lady’ is inspired by the latin word valere and from the French origin, vaillant, meaning “bold”, “strong”, and “courageous.” ‘Valiant Lady’ embodies the idea that women design, captain, lead and champion change in the maritime industry.
- The Scarlet Lady’s sister ship ‘Valiant Lady’ will continue Virgin Voyages’ ‘Scarlet Squad’ program that fosters recruiting, supporting and mentoring female shipboard talent.