First cruise coming up? Read this
By Patti Pietschmann Travel Diva
Hello all newbie cruisers out there. Are you ready to take the plunge on that first cruise but a little nervous about it. Don’t be. You will love it. Especially if you pick the right ship so scroll around this blog for articles on cruise lines. You should also check out the Pavlus website’s cruise ship section.
Once you select your cruise and itinerary all you need to do is pack once and of course again when it’s over. Of course today there are a few other things to do. For starters you will need proof of a complete Covid19 vaccine and, in some cases, of a negative Covid test. The cruise line will fill you in about its protocols.
Here’s what’s in store?
- The world your oyster with everything taken care of from breakfast to bed time.
- An exhilarating experience. Fresh sea air, wind in your hair, leaving woes behind in the wake, completely relaxing.
- Better way to see the world without having to catch planes and re-pack often.
Cuisine you may have never tasted before especially on Crystal Cruises, Celebrity, Seabourn, Silversea, Regent Seven Seas, Viking, Windstar and Oceania,). And a selection of dining venues as well as 24 hour room service.
You will also find pamper palaces with menus of blissful spa blissful treatments. Most also offer saunas, steam baths, whirlpools. And guess what? You even have a personal butler on Silversea and Crystal Cruises (on Penthouse decks).
You will have plenty of pool and deck time. And for fitness buffs, fully-equipped gyms.
- Islands in the sun (cruises to the Caribbean, French Polynesia, Hawaii, Fiji).
- Love– it’s not called the Love Boat (re: popular Princess Cruises TV series) for nothing. It’s all around you on a cruise. You just need to sidle up to the bar, put your lips together and blow.
- WiFi to keep you connected at all times (and it’s now free on most cruise lines).
- Evening shows, entertainment, lectures, food demonstrations, casinos, fun and games.
Pick, plan, put it together with a Pavlus Travel specialist who can get you on board for some of the lowest fares. Keep in mind ships come in all sizes (5,000 passengers and up to 200 people) and flavors (luxury, riverboats, mass market, sailing ships). So do your homework and choose a ship that matches your personality. Also don’t worry about tipping, in most cases it’s included and when not it is added to your shipboard account (on your credit card).
Also adult beverages and other potables are now free on many ships. That alone can save you a bundle.
You will also face some requirements prior to boarding a ship. It depends on the cruise line but could include pre-Covid19 tests, proof of a full vaccination and travel insurance.