Largest ship in MSC fleet sets sail in November
By Patti Pietschmann Pavlus BlogMaster/PostMistress
If you’re a fan of big, new ships, put MSC Cruises Grandiosa on your to do list. The majestic vessel launches November 9, 2019 as the fifth of the line’s next-generation crafts. Like her name implies, the 6,300-passenger behemoth will certainly reign supreme. There are lots of bells and whistles in store as well additional staterooms and public areas.
Grandiosa features include:
• An iconic Mediterranean Promenade at the heart of the ship where passengers can sit under the 323-ft.-long LED sky and enjoy entertainment, shop or eat and drink
• Speaking of consumerism. The ship is taking spending to new heights with the indoor promenade offering favorite brands of clothing, jewelry, technology and more, all at affordable prices.
• Foodies will find the new specialty restaurant, L’Atelier Bistrot particularly inviting with its French-inspired bar with lounge area. The venue also has a stage, dance floor and seated terrace.
• A pair of breath taking, new Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows highlight the entertainmet portion of the cruise.
• Another innovative feature is the world’s first virtual personal cruise assistant, ZOE. The artificial intelligence service is conveniently available in staterooms to answer passenger questions.
A ship for all seasons
Itineraries are intentionally targeted to the Mediterannean in winter when tourism is at its lowest. I’m not a big fan of cold weather cruises. But the ports– Barcelona, Palermo, Marseille or Valletta in Malta are exceptional. And without the crowds of spring and summer, you have more room to wander.
Inaugural itinerary sampling
• Grandiosa makes her big bow with an 11-night repositioning cruise from Hamburg, Germany. She will stop at Southampton, U.K. (overnight stay); Lisbon, Portugal (overnight stay); Barcelona, Spain (overnight stay); and Marseille, France (overnight stay). MSC quotes fares from $1,569 per person for a balcony stateroom. But be sure to consult a Pavlus Travel specialist to see if lower prices are available and for bookings for this and itineraries below.
• After he debut, Grandiosa will do an 8-night cruise from Marseille, France visiting Genoa, Italy (overnight stay); Civitavecchia, Italy; Palermo, Italy; Valletta, Malta; and Barcelona, Spain. Listed fares start at $949 per person for a balcony stateroom.
• Then on December 7 the ship embarks on a 7-night cruise from Genoa, Italy. Her ports include Civitavecchia, Italy; Palermo, Italy; Valletta, Malta; Barcelona, Spain; and Marseille, France. Fares start at $859 per person for a balcony stateroom.
MSC Grandiosa will be joined by 12 more ships through to 2027 with her sister ship, MSC Virtuosa launching next October 2020.
Want to be one of the first to book? Call Pavlus at 1.800.528.9300.