Princess Cruises mega-ship to leave Japan for destination TBA
By Patti Pietschmann, Travel Diva
It’s not really certain where Princess Cruises Diamond Princess will sail from in 2021. Princess is pulling the behemoth 2,670-passenger ship out of Asia and cancelling all sailings from Oct. 2121 to April 2022.
The Diamond Princess was built in 2004 primarily for the Asian market at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries shipyard in Nagasaki. She was the first ship to feature a Japanese onsen bathing experience. One of the first cruise ship to experience and outbreak of coronavirus, the Diamond has been out of service since February.
Princess says Diamond will do her maiden maiden season in a different part of the world TBA.
The canceled Diamond Princess sailings include
- Hong Kong, Taiwan and Vietnam–October 24, 2021
- November 8, 2021 — Sea of Japan Fall Foliage and Explorer Fall Foliage
- Japan Explorer and Shikoku Fall Foliage–November 17, 2021
- November 26, 2021 — Shikoku and Shikoku & Kyushu Fall Foliage
- December 5, 2021–Kyushu Fall Foliage
- December 14, 2021 –Grand Asia Collection
- February 18, 2022 — Hong Kong, Taiwan and Vietnam
- Japan Explorer and Kyushu Explorer Spring Flowers March 5, 2022
- Kyushu Spring Flowers and Kyushu and Shikoku Spring Flowers–March 14, 2022
- March 23, 2022–Shikoku Spring Flowers and Shikoku Explorer Spring Flowers
- Japan Explorer Spring Flowers and Sea of Japan Explorer Spring Flowers–April 1, 2022
- April 10, 2022 –Sea of Japan Spring Flowers and Sea of Japan & Northern Japan Spring Flowers
- Northern Japan Spring Flowers–April 19, 2022
For any future Princess Cruises bookings contact a helpful, friendly Pavlus agent. One thing’s for sure, Pavlus offers the lowest prices on the planet for tours and cruises.