The chic cruise line creates a world of sea-going choices
By Patti Pietschmann Travel Diva
Butler service for all, fine food, exciting ports, gorgeous suites and laid-back elegance define Silversea, the cruise line that continually redefines luxury.
If you have yet to sample the fare you might want to consider booking any of 197 new itineraries that will cover 528 destinations in 92 countries and 28 new ports.
Here are eight tempting itineraries
1. An unprecedented Eastern Medierranean offering in summer of 2021
We’re talking cruising the Black Sea, Holy Land and Istanbul. This includes voyages to the Black Sea, the Holy Land, and Istanbul. Choice of ships include silver Dawn, Silver Moon, Silver Shadow and Silver that transports you to Nazareth and Jerusalem in Israel on a Holy Land voyage August 16. Or you can choose from 12-night voyages between Venice and Athens that include an overnight in Istanbul.
A total eclipse of the sun
2. A pair of of solar eclipse voyages in Antarctica that’s part of a 21-voyage season in the seventh continent.
The solar phenomena, which occurs December 4, 2021, is one of the highlight on Silver Wind and Silver Cloud. Both ships will also embark on 21 voyages to a total of 41 destinations in Antarctica. They will also do longer sailings to South Georgia and the Falkland Islands.
Fjords and more
3. A chance to choose from 30 voyages in Northern Europe, with four circumnavigations of Iceland and many new experiences in the Norwegian Fjords. These trips cover more of Iceland and Norwegian Fjords voyages than ever. There’s 122 in Northern Europe, on four ships.
The immersive expedition experiences are offered on Silver Wind and Silver Cloud. There are also exciting itineraries aboard Silver Spirit and Silver Whisper.
Four circumnavigations of Iceland will showcase the diverse, spectacular scenery of the Land of Fire and Ice, with differing experiences available on Silver Wind and Silver Whisper. On six voyages, Silver Spirit will take guests deeper into the authentic beauty of the Baltic Sea, visiting Tallinn, Helsinki, and spending at least one overnight in Saint Petersburg.
4. An extra immersive Monte Carlo Grand Prix voyage. This seven-night Monte Carlo sailing combines both the French and Italian Rivieras. There’s an overnight call in Monaco that gives gear heads a chance to soak up the electrifying atmosphere.
5. A Northwest Passage crossing and exploration of Svalbard. Silver Cloud crosses the Northwest Passage on a 24-night voyage starting August 2. This once-in-a-lifetime experience adventures between Kangerlussuaq (Greenland) and Nome (Alaska).
6. Silver Explorer’s first-ever season in Australia’s Kimberley region. Part of a dozen voyage discovery of Australia and South Pacific, Silver Explorer will journey to the unique Kimberley coastline from June to September, 2021.
The trip will be chuck full of intuitive lectures from an industry-leading expedition team, before venturing ashore to discover aboriginal cave art, breathtaking geographical features, and a diverse array of wildlife.
Sybarites will be able to an swim, snorkel, dive and sun bathe in the sunny South Pacific.
Dawning of a new ship
7. The Silver Dawn debut. The new ship sails in the Mediterranean starting Sept. 22, 2021 from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Venice on a nine night voyage. Sister of the Silver Muse and Silver Moon, the Dawn mimics most of what you find on both those ships. Guests travelling aboard Silver Dawn will also experience the new Sea and Land Taste program, which intends to unlock deep travel through culinary immersion. The 596-passenger Silver Moon will be one of four Silversea ships to cruise in the Mediterranean between April and December 2021.
8. Gallivanting the Galapagos on Silver Origin. This is the line’s premier destination-specific ship. She will do 38 voyages in the Galapagos.
For starters Silver Wind will head to West Africa, calling in Namibia, Angola, Sao Tome and Principe, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Cote d’Ivore, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Cape Verde, and Morocco.
Then Silver Whisper showcases 36 destinations in Canada and New England just in time for leaf peeping. The fall foliage forays take place on seven sailings of between nine and 16 nights.
North to Alaska
And then the last frontier. Alaska on Silver Muse and Silver Cloud, among other incredible destination experiences in the world’s most fascinating regions.
Silversea fares include in-suite bars, stocked with guests’ preferences; free drinks and caviar, 24-hour in suite dining service; butler service, tips and unlimited free Wi-Fi.
Find out more information about Silversea’s summer 2021 & winter 2021/2022 itineraries by contact a Pavlus travel specialist or going to https://www.silversea.com/lp-itineraries-2021-2022.html.