Ritz Carlton Yacht TOCs
Terms and Conditions Below are Accurate as of 5/28/2020
Each end-user visitor to the Site (“User,” “you” or “your”) agrees to the terms of the Agreement, in their entirety, when she/he: (a) accesses or uses the Site; (b) accesses and/or views any of the: (i) links to various featured websites, products and/or services (“Links”), including Links to web venues owned and/or operated by Marriott International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, including The Ritz-Carlton Hotel RCYC L.L.C. (collectively, the “Marriott Group”), as featured on the Site; and/or (ii) text, video and/or other information pertaining to yacht cruises and hospitality-related products and/or services made available on the Site (the “Informational Content,” and together with the Links, the “Content”); (c) accesses links to RCYC’s social media pages/accounts featured on third-party social media websites, such as Facebook®, Instagram®, LinkedIn®, Twitter® and YouTube® (collectively, “Social Media Pages”); and/or (d) utilizes the various contact forms and/or contact information made available on the Site as a means to contact directly, or request to be contacted by, RCYC and/or featured members of the Marriott Group (collectively, the “Contact Services,” and together with the Site, and Content, the “Site Offerings”).
PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IF A USER DOES NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT IN THEIR ENTIRETY, THAT USER IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THE SITE OFFERINGS IN ANY MANNER OR FORM.
THE AGREEMENT CONTAINS DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, RELEASES, A CLASS-ACTION WAIVER, AND THE REQUIREMENT TO ARBITRATE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT MAY ARISE HEREUNDER. THE AFOREMENTIONED PROVISIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE AGREEMENT.
Instagram® and Facebook® are registered trademarks of Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). LinkedIn® is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation (“LinkedIn”). Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”). YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. (“Google”). Please be advised that RCYC is not in any way affiliated with Facebook, Google, LinkedIn or Twitter, nor are the Site Offerings endorsed, administered or sponsored by any of the foregoing entities.
1. Scope; Modification of Agreement. The Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between Users and RCYC with respect to Users’ use of the Site Offerings, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and/or understandings with respect to same. RCYC may amend the Agreement from time to time in its sole discretion, without specific notice to Users; provided, however, that any amendment or modification to the arbitration provisions, prohibition on class action provisions or any other provisions applicable to dispute resolution (collectively, “Dispute Resolution Provisions”) shall not apply to any disputes incurred prior to the applicable amendment or modification. The latest Agreement will be posted on the Site, and Users should review the Agreement prior to using any Site Offerings. By a User’s continued use of the Site Offerings, that User hereby agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions contained within the Agreement effective at that time (other than with respect to disputes arising prior to the amendment or modification of the Dispute Resolution Provisions, which shall be governed by the Dispute Resolution Provisions then in effect at the time of the subject dispute).
2. Requirements; Termination of Access to the Site Offerings. The Site Offerings are available only to individuals who can enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law and are either acting in their individual capacity or are acting in their capacity as duly authorized representatives of a valid business entity (“Entity”) (collectively, “Usage Requirements”). The Site Offerings are not intended for individuals who do not satisfy the Usage Requirements, including individuals under eighteen (18) years of age (or the applicable age of majority, if greater than eighteen (18) years of age), individuals who cannot enter into legally binding contracts under applicable law and/or individuals attempting to register on behalf of an Entity who are not duly authorized representatives of that Entity. If a User does not satisfy the Usage Requirements in their entirety, that User does not have permission to access or use the Site Offerings.
You shall be responsible, at all times, for ensuring that you have an Internet connection, computer/mobile device, up-to-date Internet browser versions, a functioning e-mail account, applicable software, applicable hardware and/or other equipment necessary to access the Site Offerings. RCYC does not guarantee the quality, speed or availability of the Internet connection associated with your mobile device and/or computer. RCYC does not guarantee that the Site Offerings can be accessed: (a) on all mobile devices; (b) through all wireless service plans; (c) in connection with all Internet browsers; or (d) in all geographical areas. Standard messaging, data and wireless access fees may apply to your use of the Site Offerings through your wireless device. You are fully responsible for all such charges and RCYC has no liability or responsibility to you, whatsoever, for any such charges billed by your wireless carrier.
3. Contact Services. Where a User attempts to utilize the Contact Services, that User may be required to submit, and RCYC may collect, some or all of the following information: (a) the User’s e-mail address; (b) the User’s full name; (c) the User’s telephone number; (d) the User’s zip code and country/geographical region of residence; (e) whether the User is a member of any Marriot Group rewards programs; and (f) any other information collected via the Contact Services form (collectively, “Contact Data”). Upon entering Contact Data and clicking on the applicable submission button on the Site: (i) RCYC may pass your Contact Data along to one (1) or more members of the Marriott Group; and/or (ii) you may be contacted by RCYC and/or one (1) or more members of the Marriott Group regarding your request. Where RCYC contacts you in connection with your submission of Contact Data, a RCYC representative may request additional information over the telephone (collectively, “Follow-Up Data,” and together with the Contact Data, the “User Data”).
4. Social Media Pages. The Site contains links to the various RCYC Social Media Pages. The Social Media Pages are hosted and made available on third-party websites (“Social Media Websites”) by third-party entities. Your use of Social Media Pages and Social Media Websites shall be governed by those Social Media Websites’ applicable agreements, terms and conditions. You understand and agree that RCYC shall not be liable to you, any other end-user or any third-party for any claim in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the Social Media Pages and/or Social Media Websites.
5. Representations and Warranties. Each User hereby represents and warrants to RCYC as follows: (a) the Agreement constitutes the legal, valid and binding obligation of User and, where applicable, the Entity that she/he represents which is fully enforceable against such User and, where applicable, the Entity that she/he represents in accordance with its terms; (b) User understands and agrees that User and, where applicable, the Entity that she/he represents, has independently evaluated the desirability of utilizing the Site Offerings and that neither User nor, where applicable, the Entity that she/he represents, has relied on any representation and/or warranty other than those set forth in the Agreement; (c) the execution, delivery and performance of the Agreement by User and, where applicable, the Entity that she/he represents, will not conflict with or violate: (i) any order, judgment or decree applicable to User or, where applicable, the Entity that she/he represents; (ii) where applicable, any provision of User’s Entity’s corporate by-laws, certificate of incorporation or other organizational documents, if applicable; or (iii) any agreement or other instrument applicable to User or, where applicable, the Entity that she/he represents; and (d) User’s performance under this Agreement and use of the Site Offerings and, where applicable, the performance of the Entity that she/he represents and that Entity’s use of the Site Offerings, will not infringe upon any third party’s intellectual property rights and/or violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
6. Indemnification. Each User and, where applicable, the Entity that she/he represents, agrees to indemnify, defend and hold RCYC, its members, officers, directors, employees, agents and attorneys, harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims, actions, suits, proceedings, judgments, fines, damages, costs, losses and/or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs and/or settlement costs) arising from and/or related to: (a) any dispute between that User/Entity, as applicable, and any other User/Entity, Marriot Group member or third party; (b) that User’s/Entity’s, as applicable, breach of the Agreement and/or any representation or warranty contained herein; and/or (c) that User’s/Entity’s, as applicable, unauthorized and/or improper use of the Site Offerings. The provisions of this Section 6 are for the benefit of RCYC, its parents, subsidiaries and/or affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents, shareholders, licensors, suppliers and/or attorneys. Each of these individuals and entities shall have the right to assert and enforce these provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
7. License Grant. Each User is granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable and limited license to access and use the Site Offerings. RCYC may terminate this license at any time for any reason. Unless otherwise expressly authorized by RCYC, Users may only use the Site Offerings for their own personal, non-commercial use. No part of the Site Offerings may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical. No User or other third party may use any automated means or form of scraping or data extraction to access, query or otherwise collect material from the Site Offerings except as expressly permitted by RCYC. No User or other third party may use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or transfer the Site Offerings, or any portion thereof. No User or other third party may create any “derivative works” by altering any aspect of the Site Offerings. No User or other third party may use the Site Offerings in conjunction with any other third-party content. No User or other third party may exploit any aspect of the Site Offerings for any commercial purposes not expressly permitted by RCYC. Each User further agrees to indemnify and hold RCYC harmless for that User’s failure to comply with this Section 7. RCYC reserves any rights not explicitly granted in the Agreement.
8. Proprietary Rights. The Site Offerings, as well as the organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion, software, services and other matters related to same, are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including, but not limited to, intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution or publication by any User or other third party of any part of the Site Offerings is strictly prohibited. No User or other third party acquires ownership rights in or to any content, document, software, services or other materials viewed by or through the Site Offerings. The posting of information or material by and through the Site Offerings does not constitute a waiver of any right in or to such information and/or materials. All trademarks appearing by and/or through the Site Offerings, including those associated with the Marriott Group, are the property of their respective owners. The use of any trademark without the applicable trademark owner’s express written consent is strictly prohibited.
9. Legal Warning. Any attempt by any individual to damage, destroy, tamper with, vandalize and/or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Site Offerings is a violation of criminal and civil law and RCYC will diligently pursue any and all remedies against any offending individual or entity to the fullest extent permissible by law and in equity.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE OFFERINGS AND ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME ARE PROVIDED TO USERS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, RCYC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME: (A) WILL, AS APPLICABLE, MEET ANY USER’S/ENTITY’S REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) WILL BE FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS; AND/OR (D) WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. RCYC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE AVAILABILITY OF THE UNDERLYING INTERNET CONNECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE SITE OFFERINGS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY ANY USER FROM RCYC OR OTHERWISE THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE OFFERINGS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE AGREEMENT.
11. Limitation of Liability. EACH USER AND, WHERE APPLICABLE, ENTITY, EXPRESSLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT RCYC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THAT USER OR, WHERE APPLICABLE, ENTITY, OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF RCYC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW FOR: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, CONTENT AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE OFFERINGS; (C) ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN ANY USERS, ENTITIES, MARRIOTT GROUP MEMBERS AND/OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES; (D) THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, ANY USER DATA; AND (E) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, IN THE AGGREGATE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION AND ANY AND ALL OTHER TORTS. EACH USER AND, WHERE APPLICABLE, ENTITY HEREBY RELEASES RCYC FROM ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES AND CLAIMS IN EXCESS OF THE LIMITATIONS STATED HEREIN. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT PERMIT SUCH LIMITATIONS, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF RCYC TO ANY USER UNDER ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00). NO ACTION, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING OUT OF THE SITE OFFERINGS AND/OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES OFFERED BY AND/OR THROUGH SAME, MAY BE BROUGHT BY ANY USER, ENTITY OR RCYC MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR FOLLOWING THE EVENT WHICH GAVE RISE TO THE CAUSE OF ACTION. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN EACH USER/ENTITY, AS APPLICABLE, AND RCYC. ACCESS TO THE SITE OFFERINGS WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED TO USERS/ENTITIES, AS APPLICABLE, WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY AND IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS THE LIABILITY OF RCYC SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Copyright Policy/DMCA Compliance. RCYC reserves the right to terminate the account of any User/Entity who/that infringes upon third-party copyrights. If any User/Entity or other third-party believes that a copyrighted work has been copied and/or posted via the Site Offerings in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, that party should provide RCYC with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work; (b) an identification and location of the copyrighted work that such party claims has been infringed upon; (c) a written statement by such party that it has a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner, its agent or the law; (d) such party’s name and contact information, such as telephone number or e-mail address; and (e) a statement by such party that the above information in such party’s notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that such party is the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact information for RCYC’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows:
Klein Moynihan Turco LLP
Attn: Copyright Attorney
450 Seventh Avenue, 40th Floor
New York, NY 10123
Fax: (212) 216-9559
13. Third Party Websites. The Site Offerings contain links to other websites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties including, without limitation, the Social Media Website and Marriott Group member websites and/or Links. RCYC does not control the information, products or services made available on, by or through these third party websites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by RCYC of the applicable website or any association with the website’s operators. Because RCYC has no control over such websites and/or resources, each User agrees that RCYC is not responsible or liable for the availability or the operation of such external websites, for any material located on or available from or through any such websites or for the protection of any User’s data privacy by third parties. Each User further agrees that RCYC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by the use of or reliance on any such material available on, by or through any such site.
14. Editing, Deleting and Modification. RCYC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit and/or delete any documents, information or Content appearing on the Site.
16. Dispute Resolution Provisions. The Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in New York, NY and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York (without regard to conflict of law principles). Should a dispute arise concerning the Site Offerings, the terms and conditions of the Agreement or the breach of same by any party hereto: (a) the parties agree to submit their dispute for resolution by arbitration before a reputable arbitration organization as mutually agreed upon by the parties; and (b) you agree to first commence a formal dispute proceeding by completing and submitting an Initial Dispute Notice which can be found Here. We may choose to provide you with a final written settlement offer after receiving your Initial Dispute Notice (“Final Settlement Offer”). If we provide you with a Final Settlement Offer and you do not accept it, or we cannot otherwise satisfactorily resolve your dispute and you wish to proceed, you must submit your dispute for resolution by arbitration before a reputable arbitration organization as mutually agreed upon by the parties, in your county of residence, by filing a separate Demand for Arbitration, which is available Here. For claims of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) or less, you can choose whether the arbitration proceeds in person, by telephone or based only on submissions. If the arbitrator awards you relief that is greater than our Final Settlement Offer, then we will pay all filing, administration and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration and, if you retained an attorney to represent you in connection with the arbitration, we will reimburse any reasonable attorneys’ fees that your attorney accrued for investigating, preparing and pursuing the claim in arbitration. Any award rendered shall be final and conclusive to the parties and a judgment thereon may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to preclude any party from: (i) seeking injunctive relief in order to protect its rights pending an outcome in arbitration; and/or (ii) pursuing the matter in small claims court rather than arbitration. Although we may have a right to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses if we prevail in arbitration, we will not seek such an award from you unless the arbitrator determines that your claim was frivolous.
To the extent permitted by law, you agree that you will not bring, join or participate in any class action lawsuit as to any claim, dispute or controversy that you may have against RCYC and/or its employees, officers, directors, members, representatives and/or assigns. You agree to the entry of injunctive relief to stop such a lawsuit or to remove you as a participant in the suit. You agree to pay the attorney’s fees and court costs that RCYC incurs in seeking such relief. This provision preventing you from bringing, joining or participating in class action lawsuits: (A) does not constitute a waiver of any of your rights or remedies to pursue a claim individually and not as a class action in binding arbitration as provided above; and (B) is an independent agreement. You may opt-out of these dispute resolution provisions by providing written notice of your decision within thirty (30) days of the date that you first access the Site.
17. Miscellaneous. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site Offerings is in conflict or inconsistent with the Agreement, the Agreement shall take precedence. RCYC’s failure to enforce any provision of the Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. The parties do not intend that any agency or partnership relationship be created through operation of the Agreement. Should any part of the Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. RCYC may assign its rights and obligations under the Agreement, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without notice to you. The Agreement may not, however, be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under it. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
18. Contact Us. If you have any questions about the Agreement, Site Offerings or the practices of RCYC, you may email us as at: firstname.lastname@example.org; call us at: (786) 204-1085; or send us mail to: 2601 South Bayshore Drive, 9th Floor, Miami, Florida 33133.