When tensions were high between King Harald I of Norway and King Athelstan of Wessex, the great Norse sailors Helgrim and Osfrid delivered on behalf of Harald the gift of a ship to Athelstan. The vessel is said to have had purple sails and gilded shields along the gunwale. The gesture is seen as the start of a long and productive relationship between the two nations.
Only 106 guests - Crew: 36 - Length: 262 feet - Year built: 2019
- 53 outside staterooms with river view (16 Standard Staterooms, 2 French Balcony Staterooms, 24 Veranda Staterooms, 11 Veranda Suites)
- All Upper & Middle Deck staterooms feature a full-size veranda or a French balcony
- Sun Deck with shaded sitting area; swimming pool; organic herb garden; solar panels; putting green
- Aquavit Terrace, a revolutionary outdoor viewing area at the bow of the ship for al fresco dining
- Lounge & Bar with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Restaurant with floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views
- Library & onboard shop
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- Laundry service
- 42″ flat-screen TV with infotainment system featuring Movies On Demand, plus CNBC, CNN, National Geographic & more
Our intimate, all-veranda ships offer a wide variety of staterooms for your selection. From Veranda Staterooms to the abundance of extra perks and amenities in our spacious Explorer Suites, there’s no finer way to travel. And whichever stateroom you choose, you will find it beautifully designed in the understated elegance for which Viking is known.
|No Available Itineraries for this Ship at this time. Please check back later.