Scenic Cruises TOC
Terms and Conditions Below are Accurate as of 5/28/2020
Full terms and conditions for River Cruise Cover
At Scenic, we take our commitment to being truly all-inclusive seriously, and so we have partnered with a leading global insurance company, to offer a River Cruise Cover.
If a claim is rejected or part paid by your travel insurance, you may be eligible for coverage. Following are the terms and conditions that apply:
You will be covered if your Scenic river cruise is delayed or cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, after it has commenced and before you have disembarked and completed your tour.
What is classed as unforeseen?
- mechanical breakdown;
- civil commotion;
- river or canal lock damage or closure;
- adverse weather conditions; or
- natural disasters.
If Your Scenic Journey is delayed or cancelled after you have commenced and is deemed to be claimable event by Us as per the above definitions, We will pay You up to $750 for each full 24 hour period from the start of the delay or cancellation up to a maximum of $5,250 (or seven (7) consecutive 24 hour periods) or the originally scheduled end date of Your Scenic Tour, whichever is the lesser.
What is not covered?
We will not pay for claims arising directly or indirectly from:
- Consequential loss of any kind including loss of enjoyment or any financial loss not specifically covered in the Policy;
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), Civil War, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power;
- Any loss or expense with respect to Cuba or a specially designated person, entity, group or company on the Specially Designated List or which if reimbursed or paid by Us would result in Us being in breach of trade or economic sanctions or other such similar laws or regulations;
- Any nuclear reaction or contamination, ionising rays or radioactivity;
- Any Goods and Services Tax (GST) liability or any fine, charge or penalty You are liable for because of a failure to fully disclose to Us Your input tax credit entitlement for the premium.
Some delays can be resolved in a matter of hours, and these situations will not be covered under the river cruise guarantee:
- High water levels that prohibit the sailing of the ship in the afternoon, but subside to allow us to make it under the bridge in the evening and deliver the ship to the scheduled disembarkation location the next day.
- If we need to swap ships due to high/low water levels, and we this takes less than 6 hours to complete.
- If we embark/disembark the ship at a location that is less than 50 miles from the scheduled point.
- If we need to make alternative arrangements for any itinerary activities (Scenic Freechoice or Enrich) due to prevailing conditions, and we select a replacement of similar quality.
The Meaning of Certain Words
Throughout this document, certain words begin with capital letters. These words have special meaning (Definitions) and are outlined in this section. Any reference to an Act, legislation or legislative instrument in this document also refers to that Act, legislation or legislative instrument as amended and as may be in force from time to time.
Civil War means any of the following, whether declared or not, armed opposition, insurrection, revolution, armed rebellion, sedition, between two or more parties belonging to the same country where the opposing parties are of different ethnic, religious or idealistic groups.
Covered Person means a person who has a confirmed booking with the Policyholder for which the Policyholder has paid a premium for the cover provided by this policy.
Event(s) means an occurrence that could give rise to a claim for a benefit under Your Policy. Any one occurrence or series of occurrences attributable to one source or originating cause is deemed to be one Event.
Policy means the Master Policy held by Scenic Tours Pty Ltd AND any other document that We tell You forms part of the Policy describing the insurance contract between the Policyholder and Us and/or the cover available to You.
Policyholder means Scenic Tours Pty Ltd ABN 85 002 715 602 of Level 2, 11 Brown Street Newcastle, New South Wales, 2300 and all subsidiaries
Scenic Tour means a tour managed, arranged and operated by the Policyholder.
Specially Designated List means names of a person, entities, groups or corporate specified on a list who are subject to trade or economic sanctions or other such similar laws or regulations of the United States of America, Australia, United Nations, European Union or United Kingdom.
War means war, whether declared or not, or any warlike activities, including use of military force by any sovereign nation to achieve economic, geographic, nationalistic, political, racial, religious or other ends.
We, Our, Us means the insurer.
You, Your means a Covered Person(s).